Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Tour of Alsace

Is by far the hardest race I've ever been in its mostly D-2 pro teams. Such as Rabbobank and Ag2r.

We took 13th in the team tt. Our lungs were burnt to a crisp after not warming up so didn't fare great but we notched a 13th place.

Stage 1 A pretty hilly course it was pretty drilled from the gun. We turned a corner and the road went straight up at 18. Our driver in the car said it was a small climb pshh guys were all over the place I got in a chase group with Bjorn and caught back on at the base of the next climb. I got in a rythem and stayed in the field till the finish. I tried to go for the field sprint but moving up into the wind left me gassed with 300 meters to go and I ended up 53.

Stage 2

30ks to a set of 7 circuits 18k per lap it was mostly uphill it was hard I got dropped with 3 laps to go. I finished in a 12 rider group 14 minutes off the back of the bunch. I made time cut its pretty touch and go if you get dropped the time cut is only 8% so if you lose more then 20 minutes which if you fall off by yourself that can be pretty easy in the last 40ks.

Comments:
dang dude sounds like things are going pretty smoothly out there for ya. so how much bigger are the hills there than in america
 
Matt,
How long will you be in Europe? Nolan is scheduled to fly in August 22.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC