Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

Nature Valley stage 1

Cole and I arrived to the line 20 minutes early only to see the start line jammed with riders already jostling for a good start position. We ended up saying fuck it and starting dead last instead of 10th to last. At least we got to pick our line around the first corner. For the first 30 minutes I slowly moved up 1 place here and there never getting very far. I finally got a break when the bunch hesitated for a second and I shot up the right side up 50 places. After that it was almost a walk in the park. Until the lead outs developed in the last couple laps, and everything got stretched out single file. I ended up 54th, Bjorn Sealander took the young riders jersey. I will go after it in todays stage and in the time trail Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC