Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Tri-Peaks stage 2

Today started out pretty lazy a break of 6 riders got off in the early miles. Which was good for us, myself kirk and richard went to the front and set tempo. We continued to do that for 30 miles or so until Healthnet offered some help sending 3 riders to the front. We ended up pulling off after being told over the radio to stop rolling through. Healthnet instantly complained, and said they'd attack us if we didn't continue to roll through. We ended up making a deal with them as long as we sent one rider to roll through they wouldn't attack us. I was that unlucky rider. After riding hard tempo for 30ks with the health net boys. I took a turn on a slight downhill grade we took a left turn straight into a hill and I popped and ended up finding myself as last wheel for next 10 miles. The last 20 miles was downhill which it was single file the whole way down going 80ks per hour. It was insane groups of 4 or 5 riders were getting popped off the back. I dived in and out of corners slowly moving up the long single file line. I look to the right hand sign of the road and see the 1k to go marker. The last 1k was a pretty good climb it was basicly a slow motion sprint riders were getting popped all over the place I sprinted as best I could. I got onto the back of a small front group right at the line. I think I was top 30 today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC