Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

PIR

It was Intense. 4 of the best pros in the area showed up. Chad Hartley BMC, Evan Elken Jittery Joes, Omar Kem Priority Health, Doug Ollershaw Health Net. They made the race 20 laps instead of the usual 15. I attacked right off the line to take the first points sprint. Got in a break of 4 guys out sprinted them for the 2nd points sprint. Then things got interisting I found myself in a break including Chad, Evan, Omar, Myself. We were flying rolling it in the upper 30 mph range. Evan and I duked out the points sprint and he nipped me at the line. We all sat up and went back to the bunch after that sprint. I got chopped by this guy "112 Oliphant David Therapeutic Associates" who was in the middle of the bunch and just swung left not even bothering to see if anyone was behind or if anyone was crossed over his wheel. We touched wheels pretty good but I managed to stay up. Then he did the same exact thing in the final stretch sending me back 10 riders putting me out of contention for the final sprint. Better yet he got 3rd in the overall and I got 4th only because he got 3rd in the final points sprint ending up with the same points as me in the end. He got 3rd because he beat me in the final sprint. He is now on the top of my shit list.


I'm feeling faster and stronger everyday. I will be back in k-town june 5th for a good run at the state road race.

Comments:
Nice Job out there. See you when you get back in town, and please don't lap me in the State road race.
 
Just catching up on all your posts. Excellent work out there!
You're going to have to start giving classes on your Road Carnage Avoidance Skills for the juniors!! We're all looking forward to seeing you back in town next week!
Jeff (Mitch's dad)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC