Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

That just happened

Think about riding around a giant crit course and that was the course for today 17 mile crit course we were doing 4 laps 68 miles. The field was alot harder today about 70 riders, amoung the big names were Doug of health net preparing for the tour of goergia and Evan of Jittery Joes who had a really good sprint. The attacks never really stopped all race nothing got to far until laps 2 or 3 thats when I started throwing down some shit down. I was attacking or following attacks for a entire lap straight and at one point got in a break with doug and evan that was really an awesome feeling throwing it down with some high quality riders. We got caught though, I was really suprised it didn't stick. We were hauling. My teamate aaron got off in a break with another guy and Doug bridged the gap I wanted to sprint up to him, but I didn't want to drag the pack up to Aaron. The 3 of them stayed away, and Aaron ended up 3rd. As for me I was in a good position with 400 meters to go sitting 5th in the main field. Evan started the sprint around a corner with 300 meters to go, he got a small gap and someone locked up around the corner I was forced to touch the brakes, and Evan and another fast local sprinter got a 30 meter gap. I led out the sprint of the field, and one rider of our "rival" team out here CMG was the only one close to coming around me. He thought he nipped me so he stuck his tounge out and gave a stupid grin and said "Got ya!" I just smiled back and said wait for the results. The camera was on my side today, and I beat him in the race for 6th. It has given me something to chuckle about even though I wanted to be sprinting Evan.


Tommarows agenda,

Watch day time TV until I get bored

Then ride till dark.


2 weeks till sea otter

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC