Sunday, April 08, 2007

 

Brad lewis crit

With sunny skies on the drive to Seattle today it looked to be a promising day. With one of our riders Dan Harm living a few blocks from the race. We had a place to change and get ready for the race. We rolled out a good hour and a half before the race. Mistake #1 I didn't wear any leg warmers. As soon as we got to the course dark clouds rolled in, it started pouring 30 minutes before the start of the pro race. The course was pretty technical a 1k crit course with sharp corners. There were around 60 riders on the start line, I officially started in the very last spot. It started out very quickly and on such a short course moving up was difficult. I finally made it to the front only to see a group of 8 riders off the front, including 2 of my teamates. I sat 2nd wheel in the pack following Tom Peterson from team Slipstream who missed out on the break. I sat in the top 5 following the moves. Not much doing, we caught 3 of the break away riders who fell off of the break, our sprinter Kirk got 2nd out of the break and our other guy in the break Aaron crashed on the last lap. I got 2nd in the field sprint ended up 7th on the day. It was a hard day for many riders half the pack dropped out or got pulled.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC