Sunday, April 22, 2007

 

80 mile RR

Just an update on the road race I did today. It was a hilly 80 mile race with a good 4 mile climb each 16 mile lap. I got off in the early move, we got a max gap of 2 minutes. Chad Hartley from bmc and a few guys from First Rate Morgage bridged up. Game Over. It was all a matter of of deciding who finsihed where out of the break. With 30 miles to go I attacked the group and opened up a minute gap. Chad and Kenny bridged which is what I wanted put the 3 of us together and its over. I wanted to sit on for a few turns to catch my breath after being alone for 10 miles. Kenny didn't like that or thought I was dogging them and just sitting on. He let chad go and told me to chase. Since I was working with Chad I half rolled through, not really chasing. Kenny attacked me once and I hit him back. I almost got up to chad but hit the wall when I was 30 meters behind him. Kenny attacked me up the start/finish climb after being alone and in the break since mile 2. I was gassed and didn't have the legs to go with him. My back started aching which made going fast almost impossible I would stand for miles straight. I thought I had 3rd locked up, but 2 miles before the finish I saw a group of 5 guys coming fast behind. They caught me and I sat on. I could have taken them in the sprint, but my legs cramp with 200 meters to go. I sprinted through the cramp and got 3rd in our little group sprint. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth 5th is good but I should have easily been 3rd.

At least I had a good training day.

Comments:
Holy updates! Thought this blog was finished. Well sounds like you're racing well, nice work!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

QVC
Free Web Counters
QVC